top of page
How do I contact the Police in an Emergency?


Call 9-1-1.  Due to the limited number of available incoming 9-1-1 telephone lines, use of this system is restricted to real emergencies.  Use of the 9-1-1 system is reserved to report a serious crime in progress, or just occurred, or a life threatening situation such as a medical emergency, fire, or car accident involving personal injury.

How can I get copies of police reports?

In order to obtain a copy of a report, the requestor’s name must appear in the report or a written authorization is necessary. Certain information, governed by state and federal privacy laws, is always removed from the report, prior to copying. This may include, but is not limited to, phone numbers, witness statements and information, suspect information (until a case is completely adjudicated), and medical data.

How do I report a traffic crash/accident?


If you are involved in a traffic crash, Illinois  law requires a report to be filed if the crash occurred on a public roadway and resulted in an injury or combined damage in excess of $1,000.00 It is often more convenient to report a traffic crash at the time it occurs Officers will respond to the scene when summoned to file a report.


If the crash does not meet the previously mentioned criteria, drivers are still required to exchange information. If you are filing a traffic crash report at a later time or date, you will need to contact the other involved party or parties and schedule a mutually acceptable time for all parties to appear at the police station, if possible. The police station front desk is available to take a traffic crash report 24 hours, 7 days a week Traffic crash reports are mailed to the driver of the vehicle and\or owner if not the same.

How do I get a personal protection order?


A Personal Protection Order is a court order that protects you from being harassed, beaten, assaulted, molested, wounded, or stalked. The PPO prohibits a named individual from doing these things to you. It also prohibits the named individual from entering your premises and removing your children, unless there is an overriding court order.  To obtain a PPO you must go to the Williamson County Circuit Court  at 200 West Jefferson  in Marion IL.

bottom of page